We are monitoring information from the CDC, Minnesota Department of Health, and other sources. We are aware of concerns and are committed to providing a safe and healthy environment while continuing to deliver services. We will continue to monitor and respond accordingly and we will keep you updated.
Right now, the best action we can all do is to take measures to prevent illness in general from spreading. This will aid in preventing any illness from spreading and in the case of an outbreak practicing preventative measures will help reduce the chances of everyone getting sick. At PRI, we are continuing to reinforce good hygiene practices including handwashing frequently throughout the day, covering coughs and sneezes and following our daily disinfecting and cleaning practices.
PRI will be reinforcing that individuals should stay home when they are exhibiting symptoms of illness including fever and respiratory infections. To minimize the transmission of infections and illness, PRI staff will be taking the following steps if a client has symptoms and needs to remain at home, or a decision is made for them to go home:
- PRI staff will make every attempt to isolate the individual
- Contact caregiver at the residence to coordinate transportation home as soon as possible
- If the caregiver cannot be reached, attempts will be made to call emergency telephone numbers listed on the client’s data sheet
We are also closely monitoring communication and recommendations from the CDC and MDH. We will communicate any changes as necessary. You can also stay informed by visiting these websites:
Centers for Disease Control (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
MN Dept of Health (MDH): https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/index.html
What is the coronavirus (COVID-19)?
The COVID-19 is a viral respiratory illness caused by a coronavirus that has not been found in people before. Because this is a new virus, there are still things that are unknown, such as how severe the illness can be, how well it is transmitted between people, and other features of the virus. More information will be provided by the CDC when it is available.
What are the signs and symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- According to the CDC, patients confirmed with the coronavirus have had mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of:
- Shortness of breath
- Some patients have had other symptoms including muscle aches, headache, sore throat, or diarrhea
- Based on what has been seen previously as the incubation period of other coronaviruses, CDC believes that symptoms of COVID-19 may appear 2-14 days after exposure
What can I do to protect myself from getting sick?
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water
- Stay home when you are sick and seek medical attention if needed
- Cover your cough
What should I do if I get sick?
If you become ill with symptoms, including fever, cough, shortness of breath, you should:
- Stay home and avoid contact with other people as much as possible to keep from spreading your illness to others. Contact a medical professional to answer any questions.
- You may return to PRI once you are fever free for at least 24 hours without any fever reducing medications.
If you have any comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.